GENERAL CONFERENCE TALKS
- “Mothers and Daughters,” Elder M. Russell Ballard, Ensign, May 2010
- “Help Them on Their Way Home,” Pres. Henry B. Eyring, Ensign, May 2010
- “Mothers Teaching Children in the Home,” Elder L. Tom Perry, Ensign, May 2010
- “Watching With All Perseverance,” Elder David A. Bednar, Ensign, May 2010
- “Continue in Patience,” President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, Ensign, May 2010
- “Mother Told Me,” Elder Bradley D. Foster, Ensign, May 2010
- “Tell Me the Stories of Jesus,” Elder Neil L. Andersen, Ensign, May 2010
- “Face the Future with Faith,” Elder Russell M. Nelson, Ensign, May 2011
- “Establishing a Christ-Centered Home,” Elder Richard J. Maynes, Ensign, May 2011
- “Creating a Gospel Sharing Home,” Elder M. Russell Ballard, Ensign, May 2006
- “More Diligent and Concerned at Home,” Elder David A. Bednar, Ensign, Nov. 2009
- “Dear are the Sheep that Have Wandered,” Faust, Ensign, May 2003
- “Mothers Who Know,” Sister Beck
- “Getting Over Feeling Underappreciated,” Brad Wilcox, Ensign, March 2004
- “Teach Them to Understand,” Elder David A. Bednar, Ricks Devotional, June 4, 1998
- “Are We Not All Mothers?” Sister Dew, Ensign, Nov. 2001
- “What Manner of Men and Women Ought Ye to Be?” Elder Lynn G. Robbins, Ensign, May 2011
BOOKS ON PARENTING
- The Parenting Breakthrough: Real-Life Plan to teach kids to work, save money, and be truly independent by Merrilee Browne Boyack
- Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Practical Parenting from Birth to Six Years by Jim Fay and Charles Fay
- The Entitlement Trap (how to rescue your child with a new family system of choosing, earning, and ownership) by Richard and Linda Eyre
- Teaching Your Children Values by Linda and Richard Eyre
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Setting Limits with your Strong-willed Child by Robert J. MacKenzie
- Rock Solid Relationships by Wendy L. Watson
- 1-2-3 Magic:Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 by Thomas W. Phelan
- Hold On to Your Kids: Why Parents Need to Matter More Than Peers by Gordon Neufeld and Gabor Mate
FANTASTIC WEBSITE FOR MOTHERS
This is from the Power of Moms Website:
You’ve arrived at a gathering place for moms who want to be deliberate about their mothering* as they work to not only do a good job raising their children, but also learn and grow themselves through the experience of motherhood.
We’ve got over 70 writers, 50 trainers, and 30 board members (all “regular moms” who want to learn and share with other moms) working together to create the great new posts, podcasts, videos and programs available every day on this site.
More than one million moms have come to our website for inspiration, comfort and the tools they need to progress as mothers while finding joy in the journey.
Please know that we really want YOU here. We need your voice. We need your perspective. Regardless of your employment situation, your background, your marital status, or your ability to make it through the bedtime routine without losing it, you belong here. And TOGETHER, we are The Power of Moms.
*In our opinion, “deliberate motherhood” means you really think about what you do as a mom. You really care about your family and want the best for them. Plus you want to learn and grow and develop yourself as a person through the experience of motherhood. You live life purposefully. You embrace what you uniquely bring to your family.